Sunday, March 2, 2008

Surprise!


I hosted a surprise 40th birthday party for P. last night and it was so much fun! I managed to plan the whole thing and keep it a surprise until the last few minutes before we walked into the party, at which point he started to get suspicious. There were about 50 people in attendance including his parents, two of his siblings, aunts & uncle, his best friends, new friends, his amazingly fun coworkers and some of my favorite coworkers. The party was held at Molly Malone's in Forest Park where we enjoyed tasty food and an open bar for 4 hours. There was a 30th birthday party in the next room over and we enjoyed the sounds from their live band and eventually we opened up the doors dividing the two rooms and made it into one big party! Patrick had a terrific time and we all enjoyed celebrating with him and pulling some little funnies at his expense! Dale took some terrific pictures to document the evening that I am sharing with you via Flickr. (Please refer to the new Our Photo Albums link on the left of our page. Click on 'What is this?')


This morning we went for brunch at Bistro 110 to celebrate my mother-in-law, Joanne's, 60th birthday. Aunt Joyce is here with us from NYC until Tuesday afternoon! Such good times but I am pretty exhausted tonite!

2 comments:

The Ranger's said...

Awww, great pictures. I wish I would have been there. Looks like it was a smashing success!

Anonymous said...

Those are fabulous pictures, I can see we missed a great time. Whomever your photographer is, he or she did a fabulous job. I like how the center is so clear and the background is kind of out of focus. Patrick looks like he is really enjoying himself. We miss you both! Love, Sam and Tracy