Sunday, March 30, 2008

Alpha & Omega

Waylon, Addison, Melissa & Ryan
Melissa, me & sleepy Addison

I met my friend Melissa when we were both new at IMMC in 2002. We had actually been in the same nursing program at SXU but did not know one another. We tend to kind of work in pairs at work and Melissa is my other half. I had the honor of being her nurse for the delivery of both of her children and I was touched when she and Waylon asked me to be Addison's Godmother. Last night was the Baptism and it was a beautiful ceremony followed by a really nice celebration party.

On Friday I was in Michigan to attend the funeral of my cousin, Duane. He was my dad's nephew and quite close with my parents and our entire family. He was just 62 years old...a time when you are supposed to be winding down and just enjoying your grandchildren. Sadly, cancer arrived on the scene and changed everything.

Both the Baptism and the funeral were held in Lutheran churches and last night I was noticing the Greek letters "A" and "O" on some of the altar linens. Alpha and omega. In just twenty-four hours I had celebrated the beginning of a life and honored one that had ended.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. -Rev. 22:13


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet family. I attended her wedding with you right?