Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Little Sac

Well, as many of you already know, today was our first OB ultrasound. What did we find out? Intrauterine pregnancy? Check. Appropriate sized yolk sac for 6 weeks gestation? Check. Yes, it is a "sac", not "sacs"...a singleton pregnancy it would seem. There is still a slight blob detected that is the second embryo but it appears that it will not be viable. Patrick was a little disappointed of course....he was ALL ABOUT being a daddy to some twins! Me? I was swinging back and forth between feeling appauled by the thought of twins to happily accepting the idea. Our ultrasound technician and Dr. Lifchez both seemed pleased with what they saw even if I was bummed to not see a fetal pole or flutter of a heartbeat. They said we are right on the cusp of being able to see these things. I go back in one week to check again. I have been a bit of a Nervous Nellie and I will feel more relaxed once we confirm a little living being in there! Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping and praying that next week you'll hear/see a heartbeat!