Friday, February 29, 2008

And The Blood Test Says...


Yes, we are pregnant! My HCG level was very good at 188. I will go back on Monday morning for the second blood test out of three to make sure the level continues to increase. A week or two after that, they will perform an ultrasound to determine how many sacs are in there and to confirm that the sac(s) have a fetal pole inside. Once an audible fetal heartbeat is detected I will transfer to my own OB...Dr. Silvia Bicalho.

So, please, remember that while this is wonderful news, it is still VERY early days and we will remain cautiously optimistic. Not quite the time yet for congratulatory cards and baby talk and fuss! However, I will say that right now, in this moment? I am pregnant and I am overjoyed and no matter what happens in the weeks ahead, I/we will always have this day. Leap Year 2008!

We will surely keep you posted every step of the way! Thank you for your prayers, kind thoughts and words of encouragement!


When you are doing IVF they strongly recommend that you NOT do home pregnancy tests because it can really mess with your mind. Clearly, I did not listen! I started testing on Sunday night and all twelve, yes TWELVE, were positive! So I was fairly confident all week that I was indeed pregnant but obviously needed the blood test for real confirmation!

7 comments:

Kari & Jeremy said...

I love that picture!! That is so awesome, thoughts and prayers as always sending your way! BIG SMILES TOO!!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca- the picture is priceless. I was wondering if you would be doing that, I know I wouldn't be able to resist. Well, I am happy for you and will be looking forward to all of the updates along the way. Patrick must be so thrilled as well! Tracy and Sam :)

Unknown said...

YAYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have tears in my eyes right now!!!
I won't say the C word but I'm sure you are on cloud nine right now!
I loved the picture. Keep us posted and I'm sending positive thoughts to you. Mary

Blessings of my World said...

What a great photo. I am so happy for you and Pat and we are praying for you every step of the way.

Ms. Skywalker said...

Over the moon for you and praying every day!