Saturday, March 15, 2008

Disappointment

I hesitate to write a blog about this, but we need to get the word out after updating all of you so much along our infertility journey. I miscarried this morning. So very disappointing! I cried and got that out of the way almost immediately. Called the physician on call at FCI and I go on Monday morning to confirm it. (This is a formality, believe me, I had a miscarriage!) I have to tell you that I have had a nagging feeling that all was not well since about last Monday. Just some little symptoms that I was having that could be considered perilous. Yet, I tried my best to remain optimistic. I am thankful that this happened now, at just 6 weeks, and not weeks or months from now! I will say, that I had not FULLY realized how badly I wanted this until the moment that I lost it. The physician that I spoke with told me that they wait one month before they would transfer that last embryo that we have stored. Given our fertility history and now this loss, I am not really in a hopeful kind of place where I actually believe the next time will work...but we have to try! Thanks so much for all of your well wishes, thoughts and prayers...please keep them coming our way! (But please, also know that I am not big on pity parties. They make me feel worse/uncomfortable.)
Much love,
Ree & P.

1 comment:

Blessings of my World said...

Don't stop believing in miricles! You are in my prayers. Love you!!