Sunday, December 4, 2011

Grand Rapids Getaway


Bex & Heather
I did it!  I finally spent a night away from my MVP voluntarily.  The one other time that I was apart from her was when I had my gallbladder removed last summer.  I know, eye roll.  I never imagined myself as the mom who would suffer from separation anxiety, well whaddaya know?  ;)  At some point the term "girl's weekend" started to annoy/creep me out.  I don't know why, I'm weird.  So anyway, me and two of my best friends who are also girls, decided that we would meet up for a night in Grand Rapids, MI just to relax and hang out.  We stayed in a beautiful hotel on the river right downtown and the Art Prize event also happened to be going on that weekend.  We saw a little bit of high quality art and a whole lot of mediocre/bad "art"!  I made the girls pose for me and my new camera while we sipped vino and then went out for a nice tappas dinner.  We had planned to get our party on, but someone forgot to send us the memo that it was hooker night at all the downtown bars!  We didn't find a bar with our niche of people.  Oh well, still fun!

No comments: