Monday, February 18, 2008

Wonderful Visits






My parents and my brother, Charlie, came to visit us February 8-14. We really enjoyed having them here...we enjoyed cozy fires in the evenings, enjoyed good food including a delicious meal at Wildfire, I went shopping with my mom and Charlie and my dad were VERY handy & helpful around our house! By the time they had gone we had knobs installed on our kitchen cabinets, new trim in our basement to replace what was damaged, a new light fixture in the kitchen and some window treatments were hung! We were sad to see my family go home. While we love living here in Chicago, the distance between us and our family & friends can be very difficult!

**********



The day after my family went home, one of my best friends, Heather, came to visit for the weekend. Heather lives in Kingsley, MI with her husband and little daughter Maggie, so again, the roadtrip is rather lengthy! (She is due for a baby boy in June!) Bex, another of my best galpals who now lives locally, also came over to my house to spend the weekend. We had a great time as always chatting and going out for a fabulous dinner, shopping and we also went over to Lara's house to visit & snack! (Are you seeing a trend here? Maybe distance is a good thing between us to save us from being rotund!!!) We were kind of laughing at ourselves on Saturday night as we stayed in and played Triominos. Sober. If our party girl selves from a few years ago could have looked into the future and witnessed such a thing? We'd have laughed ourselves off our bar stools! Oh well, we know we're still cool! ;-)





3 comments:

Susan said...

Very Nice.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

I have had you in my prayers every since you told me about you having IVF procedures...have my fingers and toes crossed as well. I am so excited for you and Patrick.