Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Beeeaaauuutiful Table & Chairs





 I found the perfect antique dining room set on Craigslist for $200.
 My incredibly handy sister & brother-in-law came to visit.  Sanding time!
  Dennis, ever the perfectionist stained and re-sanded the table top at least twice!  Then it was time for priming the rest.
 I was torn between a safe off-white or a bold turquoise...I went bold!  (Gem Turquoise by Behr)
 Upholstery!
 Putting it all back together.
 Ta-da!
 Ooh, pretty!
 I just love it!
SO MUCH!

I had been dreaming of doing this project for awhile, and THANK GOD Dennis & Sue were here to help!  I would have been in way over my head with a project this size!  I learned a lot and I have some handy-dandy tools on my wish list going forward.  I adore old stuff made "new"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The tabletop looks GREAT!

The Ranger's said...

It doesn't even look like the same table! Very, very nice!