Friday, June 25, 2010

Treasures In The Attic

 I absolutely loved The Littles series when I was little myself!  Reading has always been a passion for me and it was fun to find a large box of favorites that I had saved.


 See, I really did love these books, as evidenced by my handwritten fourth grade statement above!  I liked to slather "Becky Byard" all over everything not knowing that I would one day embrace my proper name.

 My super sized Barbie who I thought was so pretty and played with constantly!

 A large floor puzzle that I loved and have now given to MVP.

 My Trapper Keeper...if you were a young girl in the 70's/80's your life was not complete without pictures of cute kittens and puppies!
Fuzzy Pumper!!!  (Sorry the pic is sideways, it's late and I'm too tired to fix it.)

<3  Shaun Cassidy <3

My crumpled up Brownie beanie!  It was part of the reason that I quit, I thought it was an embarrassing fashion statement and I had no desire to sell those cookies!  I used to wad the beanie up in a ball and stuff it in the back of my desk at school.

I kept John Stamos's addy handy...and Ricky Schroeder's and Menudo's and...

I wish I would have played with this more and developed a talent for sewing, I'd be making some phat cash on Etsy right now! 

I think these belonged to my older siblings, but I remember playing with them.

I loved all of the Tiger Beat type of mags!

I found a whole plethora of MJ stuff...books, cards, stickers, clothing...

Okay, so I actually found a bunch of my childhood stuff in the basement of my parent's house, not the attic, but after sorting through it all we put the stuff for keeps up in the attic.  It was a total walk down Memory Lane, let me tell you!  I remember doing a major sweep of my bedroom at the end of my 7th grade year, getting rid of all the "childish" things and bagging them up for the basement. That was 26 years ago.  Such a cliche, but seriously, WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the MJ notebook so much!

Also? I think I had that exact Trapper Keeper! Or my BFF did. Because I remember it quite clearly.

I had a million Tiger Beat-like mags, too! Is it weird that I remember my Brownie troop #? It wsa 506!