Friday, June 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I like that these pictures seem timeless.  I plan to try some of them in sepia.

The little white dress is from Auntie Heather and the antique chair is my dad's.  The pictures were taken on my parent's property.




Sturgeon Bay...the backdrop of my childhood.



MVP having a little beach picnic.

Zonked out after a short ride with Uncle Charlie!

Cousins:  Alivia, Emma, MVP, Griffin & Daniel.  (Genevieve was also nearby!)
A play day in Mackinaw City, MI.

MVP on the farm!

Handsome boy LOVES going up north!



MVP thinks the ride home was more fun with Aunt Sue along!

We went up north to see my family this week and it reminded me how much I wish we could get up there more often!  The wicked long drive seems to become more and more monotonous as the years go by.  Unfortunately, Patrick had too much work lined up this week to join us, so it was just me, MVP and Jasper.  Margaux is a good little traveller and so the worst part of the drive was avoiding a collision with deer!  I SO do no miss that part of northern living, nor do I miss the swarms of mosquitos!  However, there are a lot of things that I do miss...family, friends, beautiful beaches, the fresh air and being serenaded to sleep at night by crickets and frogs.  Oh, and the vast velvet black sky lit up by millions of stars at night!  We met up with my friend Tiffany and her two youngest children at Sturgeon Bay and had a nice little visit.  We learned right away that MVP has a sand phobia when it got on her hands and she started to scream bloody murder!  She wouldn't even walk on it.  Thankfully, she loves being in the water and she was okay with hanging out on the beach blanket under the umbrella.  We enjoyed a little shopping and lunch day with my mom and my sister Sue...Margaux loves seeing her aunts and uncles who are so nice to her and play with her whenever they see her...Uncle Charlie took her for a ride on his four wheeler, Aunt Ruth & Uncle Doug played with her and we stopped to visit Aunt Laura at her work.  It was also nice meeting up with my nieces and their kids (my great-nieces/nephews) for a play day in Mackinaw City.  We came back home tonite with an extra passenger, my sister Sue knew we were without anyone to watch Margaux on Saturday while we are working and so she is here until Tuesday!  We are beyond appreciative of this!  Patrick missed his girl terribly and I know she missed her Daddy right back...looking forward to Traverse City again next weekend! 



2 comments:

The Ranger's said...

Great pics! You're right, timeless pic of her sitting in the chair with the straw hat.

Unknown said...

Aww, glad you gals had such a nice time!