Sunday, November 9, 2008

Grateful

One of the beautiful pictures taken by Dale Murray...I have added a link to the gallery, check it out! Margaux was Dale's first baby model and I think the two of them worked well together! This shot was almost used for the announcements but she had the newborn cross-eyed thing going on! :-)

We are on our own now after having the amazing support of my family since October 22nd. My sister Susan and my brother-in-law Dennis brought my parents down and stayed the first week. Susan was a huge help with the baby and she also cooked meals and was a superwoman at helping us get our cluttered basement sorted out! Dennis went and got donuts every morning and enjoyed holding Margaux. My mom also took care of the baby a lot and she did a TON of laundry while my dad kept the dishes clean and did some yard work. Thank you to my brother Charlie who drove down this weekend with my sister Ruth to see the baby and take my parents home. Ruth was also a worker bee when she was here...cleaning and making her delicious potato soup that I love! I wish they could have stayed a bit longer...not to have them doing work for me, but just to have them here visiting and getting to know Margaux. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful, supportive family. These first few weeks of recovery would have been very tough without them! I am feeling thankful today, but also sad that they live so far away.


3 comments:

bob said...

Awe, I like your family too. While I will admit I will not be doing your dishes or laundry I am willing to come over at the drop of a hat to help with the yard or other "manly" tasks you may need assistance with. We are only a mile and a phone call away - even if you just want company due to your "shut-in" life for the next few weeks.

The Ranger's said...

So very adorable!

Susan said...

Was glad to help. Besides it was well worth it...I did get to spend a lot of time holding Matgaux. (even while she was sleeping) She is such a beautiful baby and so good natured. I love you all so very much.