Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tree Top


(The hutch with the finished doors attached...my sister Ruth did a beautiful job! And brother-in-law Doug fit the dowls to wedge them in place! Thanks!)

I got this idea for the tree branch while flipping through a Pottery Barn Kids catalog not realizing that Patrick would be so gung-ho to take on the project by himself. More power to him, it looks great! We got the branch from my parents' property in northern Michigan and Patrick painted it to look like birch and added the artificial leaves and moss along with a few birds and nests. I love it! We are on the lookout for a bluebird and possibly a small owl and butterfly. This weekend Patrick is going to sponge paint a bit of blue sky and white clouds on that little corner of the ceiling.


4 comments:

The Ranger's said...

Aw, it looks great. LOVE the hutch. She'll be here before you know it!

Unknown said...

Aww! I love the tree! I love how much Pat loves crafts.

OMG! You're going to be a mom IN A WEEK!

Anonymous said...

I love the tree branch! Very cute -
I can't wait to hear all the details... I am so excited for you. Love, Tracy

CS said...

Congratulations! Heather just sent me an e-mail that she arrived! So happy for you and Patrick!
Love, Cindy