Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day '08!

The hutch ready for transformation.
Sanding.
Almost finished! (The doors for the bottom are with my sister Ruth being outfitted with curtain closures to replace the original glass.)
My fella! ;-)
57th Street Beach.

All in all, a really great holiday weekend! We put in some hard work, but it feels good to have accomplished what we set out to do. We are really pleased with our Craig's List furniture finds...Pottery Barn ain't got nothin' on us! So today was strictly play! We headed down to 57th Street beach across from the Museum of Science & Industry and enjoyed a relaxing day in the sun. (I was not feeling like rocking my Liz Lange maternity tankini down at say, North Ave. beach, with the Lincoln Park Trixies running around in their itty-bitty bikinis!) I really like the Hyde Park scene...nice mix of people and the water was REALLY warm with an entirely sandy bottom. I absolutely do not want to go to work tomorrow. I wish life was nothing but a neverending "beach day"!


No comments: