Monday, August 24, 2009

Ree's Lady Bike

Trek 7.2 FX WSD

I used to be quite a biker back in college when I had my pimped-out Specialized Rockhopper mountain bike that I ACTUALLY rode on the mountains and trails. When I moved to Chicago back in 1996 I assumed that I would use my bike to get about town. Nope! It only took a few rides on the streets downtown for me to feel like I was risking my life and I haven't had a bike since then. Until tonite. Patrick has been riding a lot since last year when he started participating in triathlons and then this year he got a Burley bike trailor for MVP and she digs it! He has been nagging me all summer to get a bike and so today I looked at a few and ended up with the Trek hybrid pictured above. It's built ergonomically specific for women and it's pretty and rides like a dream and best of all...it has a cute lil' bell!!! Unlike my old bike, this one will not have Grateful Dead, Nine Inch Nails or sorority stickers all over it! I am excited about riding with my family on the Chicagoland trails/paths and in MI and WI. I wonder how Jasper would do in a Burley???


5 comments:

bob said...

Congrats! It is about damn time!

Unknown said...

Sweet!

Blessings of my World said...

Move over Lance Armstrong!

The Ranger's said...

Nice bike! Makes me want a new one.

Kari & Jeremy said...

Burley makes a pet trailer called the Tail Wagon!! LOL!! Watch out Jasper! :) Congrats on your new bike, we love doing things together as a family and it's great you guys can do that too!!