Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicago Triathlon '09

Patrick completing the swim portion.

MVP waiting to see Daddy run by.

Enjoying Grandpa & Grandma P.!

Lonnie, Patrick & The Bone.
Today was the Chicago Triathlon and despite the fact that he trained VERY little this season, Patrick went right ahead and completed it anyway! It was a chilly start this morning and it was rather windy, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. Patrick struggled a bit and didn't do as well as last year, but he accomplished what he set out to do, which was just to finish. Back to business next year!!! Lonnie brought Joanne to spend the week and so it was nice that they were able to cheer him on with Margaux and I. I have an ulcer on my cornea/pupil and so the last few days have been very painful and difficult for me, I am thankful to have Joanne here this week to help me out with MVP so that I can get my eye healed and accomplish some household tasks. I think pedicures and the zoo are also on the agenda!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

No picture of the eyepatch? Can you take one and send it to me? Hee!

Congrats Pat!!

Hope your eye heals VERY quickly, of course!

Susan said...

Way to go Patrick. So very proud of you!