Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Up North

MVP by the good ol' Mackinac Bridge.

PHS Class of '89...20 years later.

Our niece, Anna...pitcher extraordinaire!


What a wonderful "up north weekend" we have had! We headed to northern Michigan on Friday to attend my 20 year high school reunion at Aloha State Park on Saturday. I never understood why "grown-ups" would yammer on about how time flies. But guess what? It's true! Unreal that it has been 20 years since high school. I couldn't get out of my hometown fast enough when I was 19 years old and now I wish I could get back to visit more often. It was so wonderful to see my classmates that were able to make it this weekend and those who were not present really missed out! It was a lot of fun to see everyone's children running around...small versions of ourselves. A big huge thanks to Tim Hansen and Tracy (O'Neal) Bouren for planning the whole thing! On Sunday we just kind of relaxed with my family and took Margaux to Mackinaw City to snap a few pics by the bridge and have pasties for dinner...love that Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Company!!! Today we were headed back to Chicago but took a detour to Traverse City to spend the night with Kim & family. We went to Anna's softball game and watched them win! Good job Anna!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That pic is MVP in front of the bridge is great!

Looks like you all had a fabu weekend! Have a safe trip back home.

The Ranger's said...

The mighty Mac! Great pic. Glad you had a great time.