Sunday, December 2, 2012

Festive Frenzy













That's what this time of year is...a festive frenzy!  I say that with a smile, for even though it's a busy time of year, I just love it, especially since becoming a mother.  There are so many fun, festive things to do, plus creating holiday traditions for my own little family and who can forget the shopping and holiday preparation tasks?!?  This was a crazy warm weekend for December in the Midwest!  Yesterday we had Lunch With Santa at the Cheney Mansion in Oak Park, followed by their Winter Fest.  Today Margaux had her picture taken with Santa at Harlem & Irving Plaza and tonight we made a gingerbread house.  Our kit this year was from Trader Joe's, so at least it's tasty, even if it's just as tedious to put together as the other kits we have tried!  I was just looking at our holiday pictures from 2011, and as always, I am astounded by how quickly this past year has come and gone.

1 comment:

The Ranger's said...

Fun pictures. I love this time of year as well. So much to pack into a few weeks!