Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Greatest Show On Earth

 All dressed up and excited for the circus!
 Ryan and Margaux

A few weeks ago we went to Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey's Greatest Show On Earth at United Center.  We met up with my friend Melissa, her mom and her kids.  I have never been a fan of the circus because I struggle with the ethical issue of the animals that they use.  However, I went to the circus when I was little and it just seems like a rite of passage in childhood.  I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of this production and how 'Cirque Du Soleil' it was.  The elephants seemed happy and healthy enough (?) but I wanted to cry when the tigers came out.  There were so many of them and their part in the show was so minimal.  The cages...*sob*  Anyway, MVP thoroughly enjoyed herself and paid attention the entire time! 

No comments: