Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday!







She's two already.  She wakes up every day this different little person who knows more and says more and it never ceases to amaze me.  We decided to have her birthday party in northern MI again so that she could be with family and a lot of friends.  Her birthday was Sunday the 23rd, but we had her party on Saturday at Cobblestone Ranch in Kingsley, MI.  Such a darling place for a birthday party and to just drop by and visit for pony rides!  The owners, Pat & Pat are great, and even though it rained (of course) it was a really fun day.  Each child was able to get their pony ride if they wanted to and then we had a little western-themed lunch followed by presents and cake.  We stayed at Cambria Suites in Traverse City that night, along with some of my family.  Margaux swam with Sophie and she got to play with Cousin Alivia that evening.  The Prater bunch came by for drinks in the hotel lounge.  It was a great weekend and we thank everyone who was there! ( I posted more pictures on my Facebook profile.)
***My sister Ruth asked me how I came up with the cowgirl/western theme party and I told her the truth:  it all started with the little red cowgirl boots! I ordered them for her this past spring and they were too large.  They sat in her closet and one day I looked at them and was inspired to find her a matching cowgirl ensemble...and then the party was born!  I was surfing the internet for venues in the Traverse City area and happened upon Cobblestone Ranch which at the time, had JUST opened!  Perfect.***

2 comments:

The Ranger's said...

Such a nice party...2 years old, what a big girl!

Unknown said...

Such a cute theme! Great cake, too!