Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day







It was my first Mother's Day and it was wonderful! I slept in a little bit and awoke to nice cards and beautiful flowers from my little family. We recently purchased a membership to Brookfield Zoo and so we headed there for the day. I have always been skeptical about zoos but this one is really pretty neat...and large! The sunshine and Mother's Day brought out a lot of people but we still had a great time. While we enjoyed seeing the exotic animals, we had the most fun with Margaux in the petting zoo area...she loves goats! The little baby goats were adorable and one of them even sucked on my finger! This evening Patrick made a delicious dinner on the grill. Thanks to my sister Sue for the nice card, to Addy & Ryan for the Hibiscus plant and to everyone for the nice messages via e-mail, text and Facebook...I felt really special.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww. Sounds like a great day!