Sunday, July 15, 2012

The One Where They Had A Yard Sale




I was having difficulty turning this picture for some reason!  I downloaded from my phone.
Making her first sale!


Yard sales are a pain in the ass whole lot of fun!  However, my house, especially the basement and garage have started to look like a Hoarder's episode!  It was time to unload a whole bunch of MVP's clothing and certain baby accessories.  I had previously sold some of it on eBay and loaned some of it out, but it was still too much to keep around in the name of 'Unlikely But Possible Future Baby Girl'!  So, yesterday, the last Saturday of my summer vacation, I rounded up my sidekick, Bex, and we threw a sale in my back yard.  I had advertised on Craigslist and in a mommy's email forum that I am a part of, and hoped for the best!  It was SUPER hot yesterday and the weather was touch and go, so I feel like we didn't get the optimal traffic that we maybe otherwise would have.  I wouldn't call it a WILD success, but I managed to make a decent little chunk of change and I cleared out a bunch of stuff!  I have to say, that I really liked all of the ladies that stopped by to shop for the little girls in their lives; I felt good about where MVP's clothes were going.  (I have a little problem with attaching emotion to certain inanimate objects!)  Thank goodness Patrick put up our canopy, because it poured during the last half hour of our sale time!  MVP had a good time running her own little refreshment business.  The heat kicked my butt and I was pooped from the prep and cleanup...yard sales aren't for the weak!




1 comment:

The Ranger's said...

There'll be a few more little girlie fashionista's out there after visiting your garage sale! How I wish I could happen upon a garage sale like yours with 4T boy and 5/6 girls clothes...I'd be in Heaven!